Snatched✌
🌿 Memory Verse: "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit." ~ John 15:16
Sometimes I think about how different my life could have been if God had not found me when He did.
Some people are blessed to grow up in homes where both parents are deeply rooted in Christ. They are taught the Word from a young age, surrounded by godly examples, and introduced to a life of faith from childhood. And while that is a beautiful blessing, not everyone has that experience. Some of us had to encounter God in a completely different way.
For me, it feels like God had to snatch me.😌
Not because I was living some extremely outrageous life, but because I was living without much awareness of God. I knew about Him. I knew the Ten Commandments. I knew certain things were wrong. But knowing about God was very different from actually knowing Him. I could remember being disrespectful to my parents, talking about people behind their backs, saying things I shouldn't have said, watching things I should not have been watching, and doing things that I did not even recognize as sin. There was no real conviction. I was simply living and I think a lot of it came from ignorance of the Word.
I am not saying this to completely blame my parents, nor am I saying that children cannot know God unless they grow up in a certain kind of home. But I do think there is a difference between being introduced to Christianity and actually being taught to know Christ. I remember reading my Bible when I was younger. Funny enough, I preferred the Old Testament because I loved the stories. Noah and the ark, Moses, the Israelites, and all their troubles.😂 I would read because I knew I was supposed to read my Bible.
But now, it is different.
Now I read because I want to know God.
I can read the Old Testament and see Christ. I can read the New Testament and see God's character. I can sit with a passage and ask what it reveals about Him, what it reveals about me, and how I am supposed to live. There is a completely different intentionality in the way I approach my relationship with God now.
And honestly, I am grateful that He snatched me.
Because sometimes God meets us at the point where we are, not necessarily at the point where we wish He had met us. I have wondered before why I did not experience this kind of relationship with Him much earlier. But God knows what I do not know. He knows why it had to happen when it did.
And maybe that is what I love most about my story. I did not have everything figured out. I was not searching for God perfectly. But somehow, He drew me to Himself through His Word and began teaching me. He met me where I was and started transforming me from there.
The same God who called me out of that lukewarmness is still working in me today.
And when I think about the word "snatched," I am also reminded of the hope we have as believers that one day Christ will come for His people. Scripture says that we will be "caught up" to meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17).
Conclusion 💜
The God who snatched me out of a life where I barely knew Him is the same God I now long to spend eternity with. And for that, I am grateful.
I am grateful He did not leave me where He found me.
Comments
Post a Comment